As the majority of the UK saw restrictions ease on Monday 12th April, the reopening of businesses began. We had a fantastic first week back at Diggerland! We are super pleased to see so many of our guests out and about. The first week was practically a whirlwind for us, as it would be most companies. We’re taking this week to recap on last week. We are also covering handy tips that you will need to know if you’re planning family days out to Diggerland UK Theme Park.
DID YOU VISIT AN OUTDOOR ATTRACTION IN THE FIRST WEEK OF RE-OPENING?
Last week, millions of non-essential shops including shopping centres and beauty salons were given the green light to open. UK attractions based outdoors were also allowed to welcome back their visitors again. Hooray for fun days out to Diggerland!
Despite the easing of lockdown, there are still plenty of guidelines in place to ensure safe covid friendly days out. Have you been sticking to them?
PROCEDURES IN PLACE FOR COVID FRIENDLY DAYS OUT
Although Diggerland is a UK theme park based outside, we still have restrictions in place to keep our staff and visitors safe. We understand that the majority of our guests are completely aware of the procedures in place however it’s always best to highlight them again!
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Cafes operating as a takeaway – Guests are welcome to bring their own food. However we will also have onsite facilities to grab some tasty food and drinks from. Although we cannot welcome you in to grab a seat, we will be operating as takeaway only. Choose from a large variety of fresh food, and refreshments. Yum!
- Social distancing – We have put a one way system in place to allow our guests to walk safely around the park.
- Sanitising and cleaning – Throughout the day we are ensuring rides are thoroughly cleaned down. All guests will be able to use hand sanitising stations located around the park.
- Face masks / coverings- We completely understand that wearing a face mask or covering is completely alien to us before 2020. However safety comes first unfortunately! Due to being an outdoor attraction we are allowing customers to walk around the park without a mask, unless they want to. We have certain rides and drives that will also require visitors to wear a face covering. This is for your own health and safety, however all restrictions can be found in our FAQs section.
- Indoor areas – Any indoor areas including the goodie store and admissions will require a mask unless exempt.
- Safety checks upon arrival- All guests over the age of 16 will need to scan the QR code for the NHS Track and Trace app. A mandatory non-invasive temperature check will be carried out by a member of our staff to ensure you’re ok to enter our UK theme park.
All of our useful covid information can be found on our website. We would strongly recommend reading through this before you pre-book tickets to visit us. We would hate for any of our guests to be disappointed before they arrive.
BOOK YOUR TICKETS TO OUR UK THEME PARK
As we have previously mentioned we have reduced our visitor capacity for each of our parks in order to adhere to social distancing. Limited numbers mean limited tickets unfortunately!
We are strongly advising customers to pre book their tickets on our website. Pre booking will not only mean discounted prices, but it will also guarantee your entry.
If you’re thinking of visiting the ultimate UK theme park then be sure to visit our website today. We can’t wait to see you.Book your tickets