Disclaimer: Please note Diggerland do not claim to have a Mewtwo PokemonGo character located at any of the Diggerland parks. Please do not actively pay for admission to try and find this legendary Pokemon. Nobody knows the whereabouts of this Pokemon and Diggerland is in no way definitely stating that a Mewtwo is located at any of the parks. If you are lucky enough to catch one at any of the 4 UK Diggerland theme parks, well you are in for a real treat!
Kids have been going crazy at Diggerland theme parks, as a new mobile game that has become a global phenomenon was unleashed in the UK.
Pokemon Go, a game that allows players to use the GPS on their mobile phones to catch Pokemon in order to train and battle, has taken the world by storm.
Created by the owner of Google Maps, the app works by the player walking to various locations to collect Pokemon. Landmarks such as churches, attractions, small and large businesses have all become hotspots, with people visiting all kinds of places just to collect these awesome virtual critters.
Children and even parents at Diggerland have been downloading the new Pokemon game so that they can catch all of the Pokemon located at Diggerland UK-based theme parks.
A ‘Gym’ is also located at Diggerland, a big blue tower that cannot be missed on one’s smart phone when playing the app. The ‘Gym’ is an arena for battling other trainers Pokemon to try and achieve ‘prestige’ points.
Diggerland decided to ask some customers what they thought of the game.
There seemed to be pros and cons with some customers thinking the app was a good idea to get children outdoors and moving, with other parents expressing concerns that the app could be dangerous in the sense that children would not concentrate on their surroundings and may face dangerous situations.
Watch this video to hear what Diggerland’s customers had to say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbVRBbE4h8
Diggerland’s Digital Marketing Executive, Celia Kelly has some advice for parents allowing children to play the Pokemon Go game or indeed for the parents playing the game themselves. “It’s a great game and wonderful to see children and adults getting involved, but just be careful when catching Pokemon to keep your wits about you. Remember not to play when driving, crossing roads or whilst supervising children, as this game could be a real distraction.”
WIN a Diggerland Family Annual Pass
- Visit a Diggerland UK theme park.
- Search for the MewTwo Pokemon on the Pokemon Go app.
- Take a screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon that you have found at Diggerland (inside the park). Ensure a Diggerland ride or Diggerland sign is in the picture.
- Tell a manager on the day of your visit, show them your screenshot and have the manager sign your receipt.
- Email email@example.com a copy of your Diggerland receipt and the screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon at one of our UK Diggerland theme parks.
Pokemon Competition – Terms & Conditions
- Follow all instructions.
- Screenshot must show MewTwo Pokemon with the Diggerland park showing a ride or Diggerland sign in the background.
- No screenshots of other Pokemon characters, maps, Gyms etc will be accepted.
- MewTwo Pokemon screenshot must be taken inside the Diggerland park and not in the car park outside of the entrance.
- First person to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their receipt signed by a Diggerland manager and a screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon taken inside a Diggerland park, will win the Family Annual Pass.
- Receipt must be provided that has been signed by a Diggerland manager, showing the park name, admission numbers, price paid and date.
- Annual pass for a family of 4 (either one adult & three children OR two adults & 2 children).
- Annual pass will be valid for one year from the date the email is sent to the marketing department.
- Employees of Diggerland may not enter this competition, unless they are not working and can prove that they have visited as a customer on their day off and have paid for admission.
- Unless a winner has been announced, the competition automatically closes at midnight on 31st August 2016. All entries must be in by this time and no entries will be considered after this date and time.
- The first person to have emailed email@example.com will be the winner of this competition.
- Winner announced and competition will automatically close as soon as a winner has emailed the marketing department.
- Winner will be contacted once all information provided has been thoroughly checked.
- Winner must allow up to 14 working days to receive the winning complimentary Family Annual Pass.
- PhotoShopped or forged screenshots will not be accepted.
- Disclaimer: Please note Diggerland do not claim to have a Mewtwo PokemonGo character located at any of the Diggerland parks. Please do not actively pay for admission to try and find this legendary Pokemon. Nobody knows the whereabouts of this Pokemon and Diggerland is in no way definitely stating that a Mewtwo is located at any of the parks.
Standard Diggerland Competition Terms & Conditions also apply.
If you do not agree to ALL of the Terms & Conditions, please do not enter this competition. By entering this competition, you are adhering to the Terms & Conditions set out above and within the standard Diggerland Competition Terms & Conditions.
Strood, Kent, UK – 10th June 2016 – Diggerland today announced that it has received a TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence. Now in its sixth year, the achievement celebrates hospitality businesses that have earned great traveller reviews on TripAdvisor over the past year. Certificate of Excellence ecipients include accommodations, eateries and attractions located all over the world that have continually delivered a quality customer experience.
“All the staff at Diggerland work exceptionally hard to ensure the customer experience is of an excellent standard”, said Sherene Garvin-Mack, UK Marketing Manager, Diggerland. “We are thoroughly delighted to have earned the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for all four of our Diggerland UK-based parks.”
“With the Certificate of Excellence, TripAdvisor honours hospitality businesses that have consistently received strong praise and ratings from travellers”, said Heather Leisman, Vice President of Industry Marketing, TripAdvisor. “This recognition helps travellers identify and book properties that regularly deliver great service. TripAdvisor is proud to play this integral role in helping travellers feel more confident in their booking decisions.”
The Certificate of Excellence accounts for the quality, quantity and recency of reviews submitted by travellers on TripAdvisor over a 12-month period. To qualify, a business must maintain an overall TripAdvisor bubble rating of at least four out of five, have a minimum number of reviews and must have been listed on TripAdvisor for at least 12 months.
The kids will LOVE getting into a spin on these!!! The awesome all-electric Crazy Carts are the latest crazy craze to arrive at Diggerland!
The world’s leading ride-on brand Razor, the Crazy Carts were introduced as a new attraction at Diggerland Kent in time for the Easter holidays. Currently rolled out to the flagship Kent park, this increasingly popular attraction will be at all four Diggerland UK based parks within the next two weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!
Kids over 140cm in height and under the age of 17 can spin around and around in either direction, doing “doughnuts”, and slide, drive and drift at speeds up to 20kph.
The uniquely, digger-themed, Diggerland Adventure Parks now offer more than eighteen different and assorted attractions, drives and rides to exhilarate and thrill all the family, subject to some height and age restrictions.
Diggerland visitors to the Kent, Devon, Durham and Yorkshire parks can spend all day getting to grips with real JCBs and excavators, taking headreeling turns on Spindizzy, rising to lofty heights and taking in the views 50 feet up on the Skyshuttle, enjoying a bone-rattling ride on the off-road Groundshuttle, or having a merry go round on the JCB Dig-A-Round.
Put away those mobile phones, tablets and games consoles because good old fashioned fun at our Campsite in Devon is the way forward!
Why not have some quality family time without technology getting in the way. You can teach your children teamwork whilst pitching the tent together or you can have a kick around with a football on the camping grounds. Our campsite in Devon is on the same site as Diggerland so if you wanted to take the kid’s to have a day at the UK Theme Park, you haven’t got to go far at all!
We welcome tents, motorhomes and touring caravans at our campsite in Devon. Our touring pitches are flat, large, sheltered and well drained and electric hook up points are available on some pitches.
The Diggerland Campsite is set in the beautiful grounds of Verbeer Manor in the lovely Devon countryside. Enjoy long walks or cycle through the enchanted Devon woodland.