Kids have been going crazy at Diggerland theme parks, as a new mobile game that has become a global phenomenon was unleashed in the UK.
Pokemon Go, a game that allows players to use the GPS on their mobile phones to catch Pokemon in order to train and battle, has taken the world by storm.
Created by the owner of Google Maps, the app works by the player walking to various locations to collect Pokemon. Landmarks such as churches, attractions, small and large businesses have all become hotspots, with people visiting all kinds of places just to collect these awesome virtual critters.
Children and even parents at Diggerland have been downloading the new Pokemon game so that they can catch all of the Pokemon located at Diggerland UK-based theme parks.
A ‘Gym’ is also located at Diggerland, a big blue tower that cannot be missed on one’s smart phone when playing the app. The ‘Gym’ is an arena for battling other trainers Pokemon to try and achieve ‘prestige’ points.
Diggerland decided to ask some customers what they thought of the game.
There seemed to be pros and cons with some customers thinking the app was a good idea to get children outdoors and moving, with other parents expressing concerns that the app could be dangerous in the sense that children would not concentrate on their surroundings and may face dangerous situations.
Watch this video to hear what Diggerland’s customers had to say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbVRBbE4h8
Diggerland’s Digital Marketing Executive, Celia Kelly has some advice for parents allowing children to play the Pokemon Go game or indeed for the parents playing the game themselves. “It’s a great game and wonderful to see children and adults getting involved, but just be careful when catching Pokemon to keep your wits about you. Remember not to play when driving, crossing roads or whilst supervising children, as this game could be a real distraction.”
WIN a Diggerland Family Annual Pass
- Visit a Diggerland UK theme park.
- Search for the MewTwo Pokemon on the Pokemon Go app.
- Take a screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon that you have found at Diggerland (inside the park). Ensure a Diggerland ride or Diggerland sign is in the picture.
- Tell a manager on the day of your visit, show them your screenshot and have the manager sign your receipt.
- Email email@example.com a copy of your Diggerland receipt and the screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon at one of our UK Diggerland theme parks.
Pokemon Competition – Terms & Conditions
- Follow all instructions.
- Screenshot must show MewTwo Pokemon with the Diggerland park showing a ride or Diggerland sign in the background.
- No screenshots of other Pokemon characters, maps, Gyms etc will be accepted.
- MewTwo Pokemon screenshot must be taken inside the Diggerland park and not in the car park outside of the entrance.
- First person to email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their receipt signed by a Diggerland manager and a screenshot of the MewTwo Pokemon taken inside a Diggerland park, will win the Family Annual Pass.
- Receipt must be provided that has been signed by a Diggerland manager, showing the park name, admission numbers, price paid and date.
- Annual pass for a family of 4 (either one adult & three children OR two adults & 2 children).
- Annual pass will be valid for one year from the date the email is sent to the marketing department.
- Employees of Diggerland may not enter this competition, unless they are not working and can prove that they have visited as a customer on their day off and have paid for admission.
- Unless a winner has been announced, the competition automatically closes at midnight on 31st August 2016. All entries must be in by this time and no entries will be considered after this date and time.
- The first person to have emailed email@example.com will be the winner of this competition.
- Winner announced and competition will automatically close as soon as a winner has emailed the marketing department.
- Winner will be contacted once all information provided has been thoroughly checked.
- Winner must allow up to 14 working days to receive the winning complimentary Family Annual Pass.
- PhotoShopped or forged screenshots will not be accepted.
Standard Diggerland Competition Terms & Conditions also apply.
If you do not agree to ALL of the Terms & Conditions, please do not enter this competition. By entering this competition, you are adhering to the Terms & Conditions set out above and within the standard Diggerland Competition Terms & Conditions.