1. Earthmoving equipment can be dangerous. Due to the very nature of the machines at Diggerland, there is a certain element of risk for participants and spectators. All persons must watch the safety video.
2. Entry into Diggerland is permitted by ticket only. Entry covers unlimited use of Diggerland rides and drives and other non-mechanical attractions, however certain age and height restrictions apply. All coin operated activities are extra.
3. All persons, vehicles, property etc. entering Diggerland (including car park areas) do so entirely at their own risk and are subject to these terms and conditions. All personnel entering Diggerland agree to waive any and all claims that they may have now or in the future against Diggerland (or any parent/subsidiary or associated company/person) or any Director or member of Staff, due to any cause whatsoever, negligence or fraudulent mis-representation excepted.
4. All drivers/riders on machines must remain inside and seated, with the seat belt fastened until the ride/drive has finished, except when specifically instructed by a Marshal to the contrary.
5. In the event of a mechanical breakdown, getting stuck, accident, or if you are unsure of the controls, all drivers/riders must stay inside the cab and remain seated (except in the event of a fire) and a Marshal will come to your assistance.
6. If anyone appears to be unfit to drive/ride due to alcohol, drugs or for any other reason, the Marshals reserve the right to prevent that person from participating or to remove them from Diggerland. Any payment already paid shall not be refunded.
7. Because, for some rides, the driver is the only person who is in control of the machine, the organisers and/or their agents accept no responsibility for any claim whatsoever, however this may arise.
8. For any racing activities (e.g Formula JCB Racing), participants must hold a full driving licence. Any driver deliberately or accidentally causing his or her machine to come into contact with any other machine, person, building or obstacle (not being part of any course) will be stopped immediately and may be removed from Diggerland.
9. Diggerland reserves the right of admission and reserves the right to remove anyone, at any time, whose actions are, or could be considered to be, dangerous or detrimental to other participants, staff, property or the public.
10. All drivers must be medically fit and not suffer from epilepsy or any other medical condition which may prohibit them from driving.
11. Any driver who causes damage either wilfully or recklessly will be responsible for any claims, costs, or losses, due to their actions.
12. Spectators, children and drivers, who are not participants in any ride, must remain within the designated spectator areas at all times and must under no circumstances enter any digging/ride areas until advised that it is safe to do so by a Marshal.
13. All children (under 13) must be accompanied on entry and supervised by their parent(s) or guardian(s) and enter entirely at their own risk. Under 5's are restricted or need to be accompanied on some rides and activities. Height and/or age restrictions apply on some rides and other activities.
14. Neither Diggerland nor any Director, employee, or other organiser of Diggerland shall be liable for any accident, injury, damage, theft or loss howsoever caused to any person, vehicle or property, or any claim arising therefrom.
15. All bookings are made subject to availability. Bookings are non-transferable, non-refundable and where a date is given, are valid for the booked date only. For any cheque returned or refused by a bank there will be a fee charged of £10, to cover Diggerland’s bank charges.
16. All animals (except guide dogs) are prohibited from Diggerland.
17. Diggerland does not guarantee the availability of any or all activities, and will not provide any compensation if any activities/rides are unavailable. Occasionally, certain rides/activities may be either closed or reserved for a pre-booked third party.
18. In the event of the organisers having to cancel any dates or restrict opening hours/days for whatsoever reason, all pre-paid participants will be offered places on alternative dates. Diggerland cannot be held liable for any losses caused by such cancellation and no other compensation will be offered to pre-paid participants, or to those who have not pre-paid.
19. Diggerland reserves the right to amend or cancel any of the attractions at the sole discretion of the management, without any recourse or prior notification. Ride/Drive times are not fixed exactly, but are approximately 5 minutes.
20. Any personal information received may be retained by Diggerland and may be used for marketing
purposes. All parties giving their information agree to give their consent to this use, unless indicated to Diggerland to the contrary by ticking this box:
21. In the case of any disputes, the decision of a Diggerland Director/ Senior Manager shall be final.
22. In the absence of negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation, neither Diggerland nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for the death, personal injury or illness of any visitor or other member of the public.
23. Diggerland's website is owned by H.E. Group Limited, however H.E. Group Limited do not operate any of the Diggerland venues. The Diggerland venues are operated by: Allsafety Limited, Registered Office: Unit 6, Riverside Industrial Estate, Langley Park, Durham, DH7 9TT, Company Registration Number: 7096284